Village Spring Clean-Up
The Board of Trustees has changed the procedure for spring cleanup starting in the Spring of 2020. The following is a guideline on the new format and how the program will be administered.
CLEAN-UP DATES: April 22nd - May 6th 2023
CLEAN-UP HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Property owner or transporter SHALL:
- Bring clean-up items directly to the transfer station during the above times as indicated.
- Provide this voucher at the transfer station. (49 Dump Road off SH 420)
- Voucher good for two trips between the scheduled dates listed above.
- Be limited, up to ONE ½-ton pickup truck load of debris, maximum, per voucher.
- Is required to drive over the scales before and after unloading.
- Unload and isolate debris in designated areas. (i.e., tires vs garbage …)
- Maximum of 4 vehicle tires per voucher. (No equipment tires)
- Be prepared to unload mattresses and box springs prior to weighing.
- Commercial accounts or residents not serviced by Village of Massena refuse collection will not be allowed.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BRING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS FOR CLEANUP DISPOSAL!
- NORMAL RECYCLING ITEMS such as but not limited to paper, cardboard, plastic bottles and containers, glass bottles … (PLEASE VISIT https://www.stlawco.org/Departments/SolidWaste/Recycling OR CALL THE TRANSFER STATION (315-764-7312) FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE).
- TEXTILES such as but not limited to drapes and curtains, clothing …
- ELECTRONICS such as but not limited to televisions, radios, computers, monitors …
- CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS such as but not limited to wood, sheetrock, concrete, asphalt, toilets, sinks …
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS such as but not limited to antifreeze, oils, paint thinner, degreasers …
*** IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE TENANT TO GET THE VOUCHER FROM THE LANDLORD.***
*** This Voucher is non-transferable ***
Per St. Lawrence County, loads brought to the transfer station must be covered. If not covered, it will result in a $15 fee to be paid by property owner or rejection.
For any questions please contact the Department of Public Works at 315-769-6823.
Help the Village keep our costs down and continue to offer this services to our residents: if you see a non-resident leaving debris at a Village residence, please alert the Code Enforcement office at 769-2380.