Obtain Police Reports & Records

Report & Records Request

All requests should be made in writing by FOIL and directed or emailed to:

Paige Brothers

Police Department Records Clerk

Town Hall Building

60 Main Street

Massena, NY 13662.


Some fees may apply. Inquires can be made to the Records Clerk at 315-769-3577.


Records Access Officer

Name of Agency

Address of Agency

City, NY, ZIP code

Re: Freedom of Information Law Request

Records Access Officer:

Records Access Officer: 
     Under the provisions of the New York Freedom of Information Law, Article 6 of the Public Officers Law, I hereby request records or portions thereof pertaining to (or containing the following)  __________________ (attempt to identify the records in which you are interested as clearly as possible). If my request appears to be extensive or fails to reasonably describe the records, please contact me in writing or by phone at _______________ .
     If there are any fees for copying the records requested, please inform me before filling the request (or: ... please supply the records without informing me if the fees are not in excess of $____).
     As you know, the Freedom of Information Law requires that an agency respond to a request within five business days of receipt of a request. Therefore, I would appreciate a response as soon as possible and look forward to hearing from you shortly. If for any reason any portion of my request is denied, please inform me of the reasons for the denial in writing and provide the name and address of the person or body to whom an appeal should be directed.
            City, State, ZIP code

Criminal History Request

The police department can provide you with your criminal history information for charges which this department arrested you for only.

We can not provide you with a record from another police agency. This can be done by requesting the records by FOIL. You will be required to show proper identification to obtain the information.

For a criminal history check which includes all of your arrest (including other police agencies) or to indicate that you have no criminal history anywhere, you must make this request to the Department of Criminal Justice Service in Albany.

This is done by requesting a Record Review Packet online.